FASHION MISTAKES TO AVOID
While style is a personal choice and an expression of self, there are certain things that can make or break an outfit. If you want to successfully pull off your look, there are a couple of rules to follow in order to make sure your ensemble looks just right. Take your style to the next level by avoiding these common fashion mistakes.
TOP 5 FASHION MISTAKES
1. Ill-fitting Clothing: Wearing clothes that don’t fit properly is probably the biggest fashion faux-pas. There’s nothing worse than an ensemble that is too tight, too large, or an outfit that looks borrowed or (worse yet) stolen. It just looks like you’re trying too hard. If you want to properly execute your look, make sure it fits well. Remember outfits that fit well or look tailor made will enhance your look and make you look expensive. With online shopping becoming more and more mainstream, it is easy to get stuck with ill-fitting clothes. If you’re in doubt about an online purchase, it’s wiser to size up than size down. You can always seek the services of a professional tailor for alterations. Remember to keep a reputable tailor on hand.
2. Pay Attention To Body Shape: Most people who shop don’t pay attention to their body shape. Just because an item is made in your size doesn’t mean that it’ll look good on you. Pay attention to your body shape. Wearing clothing that doesn’t flatter your body type can make your body look out of proportion. For example, if your aren’t tall and have a short torso don’t wear high waisted clothing as it will cut off your top half and make you look shorter. If you are larger around the mid-section, wearing bottoms with a low waist can accentuate your mid-section and make you look larger. Keep in mind that it’s all about smoke and mirrors when it comes to dressing. Learning how to wear clothing that accentuate your assets as well take attention away from areas that don’t valorise your body type is key. If you master this, then you’ll always look like a million bucks.
3. Invest In Undergarments: Having the right undergarments is essential when it comes to successfully pulling off an outfit. There’s nothing worse than wearing the wrong underwear or bra. Invest in neutral flesh tone undergarments that match your skin tone for sheer clothing, thongs for light fabrics to avoid panty lines, and a good strapless bra with adequate support. This will make an enormous difference in how clothes look on you. If your panty line or bra straps are showing, then it’s a no.
4. Get Your Shoe Game Right: A look isn’t complete until you’re dressed from head to toe. A great pair of shoes can upgrade even the simplest of outfits. That’s why it’s necessary to invest in shoes. While clothing is important, shoes have the ability to take an outfit from day to night and make you look like a million bucks. Wearing the wrong shoes or even a cheap pair of shoes can throw off your look entirely.
5. Sometimes Less Really Is More: Wearing too much of anything can translate into trying too hard or being over the top. Ultimately, you don’t want to look like a jumble sale. Poorly executed outfits give off the feeling of looking cheap and can sometimes appear comedic, which would be a shame after all the time and effort put into creating a look. Be careful not to over accessorise, balance out your jewellery, and try not to wear all the latest trends in one look just because you want to appear fashionable.
THE BEAUTY DISRUPTOR CELEBRATES HER BIRTHDAY
Comments are closed.